Fingerless glove

looking for what's missing... I'm a knitting, spinning, mother of teenagers with a big dog, a small cat, minus the lovely rabbit Meliflua.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Right now I'm listening to "Peace Is Every Step" by Thich Nhat Hanh, reading "How to Change Your Mind" by Michael Pollan, knitting mittens, and thinking about casting on a hat.

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Rooting for Bode Miller

We are well into the 2010 Knitting Olympics. In 2006 I didn't get very far. I was identifying with Michelle Kwan. She was out with an injury before the competition started.

This year is different, but it is not going well. You know how sometimes right in the middle of a ski run, the athlete flies into the air and careens down the slope, ass over tin cups? It is breathtaking and heartbreaking. A split-second catch of a tiny edge sends him tumbling after years of training. (For a similar reason, Dad could not bear to watch figure skaters.)

I did the knitter's version of cartwheeling spectacularly down the slope from a little error, and it is not like it was on a double black diamond run. More like the bunny hill. When joining my 228 stitches for circular knitting, I twisted. I caught a little edge and flipped.


But it was just a training run! Plenty of time to start over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home