Fingerless glove

looking for what's missing... I'm a knitting, spinning, mother of teenagers with a big dog, a small cat, minus the lovely rabbit Meliflua.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Right now I'm listening to "Peace Is Every Step" by Thich Nhat Hanh, reading "How to Change Your Mind" by Michael Pollan, knitting mittens, and thinking about casting on a hat.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Adding Insult to Injury

More snow. Today's storm put us over the top; this winter's snowfall set a new record for the most in the DC area in a single season, breaking a 121 year-old record. And for a bonus, two of our storms were in the Top Ten. Last week's snow was dubbed Snomageddon or Snopocalypse. Today's? Snoverkill.

I concur.

Here is my latest photo of Azucena. If I knit another 33 rounds, this shawl will be as big as our snow is deep. That appeals to me. It has a certain balance. I just hope we don't get any more snow this winter.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Jan from guild said...

Darn! The picture didn't show up!

I'm anxious to see this shawl you're working on, and I didn't find it on Ravelry. I'll have to do a wider search.

Stay safe in that snow!

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home