Fingerless glove

looking for what's missing... I'm a knitting, spinning, mother of teenagers with a big dog, a small cat, minus the lovely rabbit Meliflua.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Right now I'm listening to "Peace Is Every Step" by Thich Nhat Hanh, reading "How to Change Your Mind" by Michael Pollan, knitting mittens, and thinking about casting on a hat.

Saturday, September 05, 2009

Hot time on a Saturday night

Cruising down the parkway, coming home from a 7 AM to 7:30 PM shift, blasting blue grass on the radio, drinking day-old McDonald's iced coffee and snacking on Fig Newtons may not be everyone's idea of a hot time on a Saturday night. But the weather is finally mild, almost tender. The moon is low and enormous. All I need now for the perfect evening is to finish ironing my scrubs so I can start all over again tomorrow. Maybe I'll doze off cuddled up to Claude Rains in Mr. Skeffington, that romantic fool.

1 Comments:

Anonymous -joanie said...

Even I would draw the line at day-old coffee if it is (was) iced! And I'll drink week-old coffee if I have to.

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home