Fingerless glove

looking for what's missing... I'm a knitting, spinning, mother of teenagers with a big dog, a small cat, minus the lovely rabbit Meliflua.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Right now I'm listening to "Peace Is Every Step" by Thich Nhat Hanh, reading "How to Change Your Mind" by Michael Pollan, knitting mittens, and thinking about casting on a hat.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Burning the Candle At Both Ends

Does art imitate life? Right now my knitting is doing a pretty good imitation of the rest of my life:



I'm knitting both ends at the same time of the Serendipity Stole by Georgina Bow (AKA Mystery Stole 4). Most people started the knit-along back in September, but I had other things going on. 4,345 people signed up; I am curious to know how many people actually knit it.
I think the needles are size 5 Options and the yarn is KnitPicks Gloss Lace in Raisin. I would use it again because it has a charming squooshiness to it. I'm not sure if that comes from the Merino or the silk. The beads are who-knows-what from AC Moore. In real life they look a bit like hematite, but they're just glass. I'm on row 144 of 281 so I am more than half done.
The thing is, this is the first knitting, certainly the first lace shawl, that Cass has said, "I would wear that." What do you think that means?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Jan from PWP said...

I think it means she wants it. Probably because of the intricacy. Reminds me of some of her Sharpie works.

It's beautiful!

6:51 PM  
Anonymous Cassie said...

i do wear it now that it's cold enough! it's beautiful and warm.

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home