Fingerless glove

looking for what's missing... I'm a knitting, spinning, mother of teenagers with a big dog, a small cat, minus the lovely rabbit Meliflua.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Right now I'm listening to "Peace Is Every Step" by Thich Nhat Hanh, reading "How to Change Your Mind" by Michael Pollan, knitting mittens, and thinking about casting on a hat.

Sunday, April 05, 2009

Welcome to Motherhood


This is a photograph of Vincent's actual first step. I remember this day so clearly. He was such a cheerful guy, so excited to be moving up, spreading his wings.


He's still cheerful (mostly) and still spreading his wings, but now he's doing this:



Welcome to Motherhood. Please pass the Valium.

4 Comments:

Anonymous smf said...

Wow! How exciting, and now I have a new desktop background.

5:08 PM  
Anonymous smf said...

I can't tell if his smile is as big as the one on the first photo but I'll bet it was. If not on the outside, at least on the inside. I guess I have to say I envy him a bit, or at least I would have 60 years ago.

5:11 PM  
Anonymous Jan from PWP said...

It looks like he's setting off to tour! Lots of prayers on my part and yours!

1:27 PM  
Blogger ClaireLeah said...

Take a deep breath . . . just keep breathing :)

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home