Fingerless glove

looking for what's missing... I'm a knitting, spinning, mother of teenagers with a big dog, a small cat, minus the lovely rabbit Meliflua.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Right now I'm listening to "Peace Is Every Step" by Thich Nhat Hanh, reading "How to Change Your Mind" by Michael Pollan, knitting mittens, and thinking about casting on a hat.

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Michelle Kwan, my Knitting Olympic hero

Because she & I both figured out this was not our year. Just as we were all happy not to watch the spectacle of her struggle, I will not bore you with the details (except to say that M & M's in the VaporRub is the tip of the iceberg). Maybe the Summer Games...

As you've surely noticed the lack of photos of my Olympic nonknitting, I'll distract you with the really imaginative stalling I did (mostly finishing so I still managed to feel virtuous.)
I finished the knitting on my pink alpaca breast cancer fundraiser shawl and it's not even due until June. (Grafting the hem on this slippery, tiny stuff is giving me fits. Any suggestions?)
Rectangles for Warm-Up America afghans
Sewing in ends for the baby sweater I finished knitting last summer
A fuzzy sweater for a homely bear

And lets not forget the Green Tequila Sunrise Felted Wool Hat I did on the airplane. The teacher was delighted and wanted to wear it immediately until her students reminded her, "NO HATS IN SCHOOL."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home