Fingerless glove

looking for what's missing... I'm a knitting, spinning, mother of teenagers with a big dog, a small cat, minus the lovely rabbit Meliflua.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Right now I'm listening to "Peace Is Every Step" by Thich Nhat Hanh, reading "How to Change Your Mind" by Michael Pollan, knitting mittens, and thinking about casting on a hat.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

I'm not claustrophobic, I'm Catholic

I learned something about myself today. I am not claustrophobic. Apparently an MRI is the supreme test and I had my first one today. Not even a quiver. My boss advised, "Just remember you can crawl out either end." My sister advised, "Don't wear underwire." (I was prepared. I was completely metal-less & didn't have to change out of or into anything) When I glided (why isn't it glid?) into the tube, I had a brief mental image of Star Trek -- the smooth curved surface inches from my nose, the low light. 6 Our Fathers & 48 Hail Mary's later I was out. We all have our own coping mechanisms and mine are working very well right now thank you very much.

So I'm not afraid of small spaces, but the thing that's scaring the daylights out of me is that she immediately sent me for x-rays as well, which my doctor hadn't ordered. She says, "Oh, they do that all the time." Who knew?

The quote for the day (courtesy of Cassie) is: "To be daunted by no difficulty; to keep heart when all have lost it; to go through intrigue spotless; to forgo even ambition when the end is gained -- who can say this is not greatness?" -- Kit Snicket

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I am claustrophobic, and a recovering Catholic, but I don't think any amount of prayer would get me through a closed MRI -- I need the open MRI, or I don't go!

Hope all is well, and the MRI doesn't show anything really bad!!

Jan

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home