Fingerless glove

looking for what's missing... I'm a knitting, spinning, mother of teenagers with a big dog, a small cat, minus the lovely rabbit Meliflua.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Right now I'm listening to "Peace Is Every Step" by Thich Nhat Hanh, reading "How to Change Your Mind" by Michael Pollan, knitting mittens, and thinking about casting on a hat.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Am I the only one?

Am I the only one who has a key on my keyring that I haven't used in a year?

Am I the only one who tests pumpkins to see how long they'll keep? I think I'm going to go "Tootsie Pop" on Valentine's Day. Remember the old Tootsie Pop commercials -- how many licks to the center? Lick, lick, crunch ? How many months will a smallish, unblemished pumpkin remain unblemished on your kitchen counter? 3.

Am I the only one who feels a bit uneasy when I finish something epic, like I'm not quite sure which direction to take next? Or like I just got home from a trip and the house is still a mess and the dog is pretending he doesn't know me? For me this is true of books, knitting, sewing, yardwork... Stop laughing! I finish things sometimes. For example I did eventually finish Bubba's second mitten. Truthfully, those in the know could cite a list of my unfinished projects as long as the shawl I'm almost finished with. But now that I've reached the end of Amy Tan's fabulous, multi-layered novel Saving Fish From Drowning, what do I do now?

For those who have tried to leave a comment, try again. I think (hope?) it's fixed.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have several key rings with keys I couldn't possibly identify. Any theory as to why I never seem to get around to throwing out old keys?

If you had varnished the pumpkin maybe it would have lasted longer.

3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you PWP Gail? We're watching for your Knitting Olympics progress! Jan F

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home