Fingerless glove

looking for what's missing... I'm a knitting, spinning, mother of teenagers with a big dog, a small cat, minus the lovely rabbit Meliflua.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Right now I'm listening to "Peace Is Every Step" by Thich Nhat Hanh, reading "How to Change Your Mind" by Michael Pollan, knitting mittens, and thinking about casting on a hat.

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Guilt is a useless emotion



Does this look like a twined-knit sleeve?











Here are my first blog photos and they're certainly not of Olympic caliber knitting. To make up for that, I've included my lovely sister and Max enjoying the early morning Texas weather.

I am fixated on the weather because hours after I left Northern Virginia, snow in what is for that area an EPIC quantity was dumped. And I am running around in the San Antonio sunshine. I'm trying to feel guilty but I'm too busy doing my happy dance.

I had every intention of doing my Knitting Olympics project on the airplane yesterday. Instead I knit a Tequila Sunrise Felted Wool Kool-Aid Hat so I'm trying to work up a tiny bit of guilt about that, too. I just can't. I've always loved trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear (we're going to the Stock Show & Rodeo tomorrow) and this thrift store harvest gold vintage wool yarn is the sow's ear of yarn if ever there was one. No one on the airplane even asked me what I was knitting; it's that bad. Stay tuned to see how it comes out after some hot water & Kool-Aid.

Speaking of airplanes, there were TWO of us in row 20 yesterday from two separate traveling parties. Whoo hoo! Educating the public, one flight at a time.

PS Yes, I am the Gail from the Prince William Purlers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home