Fingerless glove

looking for what's missing... I'm a knitting, spinning, mother of teenagers with a big dog, a small cat, minus the lovely rabbit Meliflua.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Right now I'm listening to "Peace Is Every Step" by Thich Nhat Hanh, reading "How to Change Your Mind" by Michael Pollan, knitting mittens, and thinking about casting on a hat.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Do you know when you started to lose your cool?

I started to become uncool in 1987. Ask me how I know this? I've been listening to the local classic rock station (WARW) play their "30 years in 30 days" (1966-1995) series. 1987 was "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" (brought tears to my eyes. Maybe not a great president, but he was certainly Presidential. He had some style going, that's for sure) and the scandal of Jim & Tami Fae (forgive my spelling; I was never a fan). I've been listening off and on since I got back from Texas, and rockin' to most of the songs when I hit 1987, and got the "That was hit? Where was I?" feeling.

So 1987 is when I started to lose my cool. I know, I know. Now men of my age prefer girlfriends who were still in high school in 1987.

WARW started playing 1988. My hit recognition got worse, but a miracle happened! I had wallowed for a few days until they got to 1990 and I recognized songs again because all the good stuff was a cover of earlier coolness. Suddenly it hit me. The music lost it's cool, not me. I am as cool as I ever was.

Which isn't much, but I've still got it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

an mri machine is the perfect place for a little nap, if you don't mind the noise...

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home