Fingerless glove

looking for what's missing... I'm a knitting, spinning, mother of teenagers with a big dog, a small cat, minus the lovely rabbit Meliflua.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Right now I'm listening to "Peace Is Every Step" by Thich Nhat Hanh, reading "How to Change Your Mind" by Michael Pollan, knitting mittens, and thinking about casting on a hat.

Friday, February 12, 2010

Citius, Altius, Fortius: Take 2

During the last Winter Olympics the Yarn Harlot, Stephanie Pearl-McPhee, got this amazing idea to hold the Knitting Olympics at the same time. She encouraged knitters to chose their own event -- anything that challenged their knitterly skills -- and go for the gold. We cast on during the opening ceremonies and would hopefully bind off before the closing. Thousands of us knit, perching on the edges of our seats, watching the athletes compete. I did not do well. I let my ambitions get ahead of me without adequate pre-Games training.

This year I have a better plan:

Meg Swansen's Double-V Vest in Berroco's Ultra Alpaca color 6257 (from the stash, even!) I have had my eye on it since issue #77 of Wool Gathering arrived in September of 2007. You know how sometimes a pattern just catches your attention and you cannot forget it? Don't ever let anyone convince you that love-at-first-sight isn't real. (It was the same way for the Schoolhouse Press Shawl Collared Vest.)

Swifter, higher, stronger, that's me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home