Fingerless glove

looking for what's missing... I'm a knitting, spinning, mother of teenagers with a big dog, a small cat, minus the lovely rabbit Meliflua.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Right now I'm listening to "Peace Is Every Step" by Thich Nhat Hanh, reading "How to Change Your Mind" by Michael Pollan, knitting mittens, and thinking about casting on a hat.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Olympic Greatness

No new photos of The Vest, just imagine it a few inches longer than before. Meanwhile, go look at some Olympic greatness. Stephanie Pearl-McPhee, owner of the fertile mind that created the Knitting Olympics in 2006, is doing the Dale of Norway Whistler sweater as her event. Isn't it amazing? She has knit the entire body of that colour-work sweater just since the torch was lit. (It is spelled 'colour' where she lives so it must be colour-work if she is the one doing it.)

I did a little research, trying to find the pattern. I was thinking of collecting it. You know, like some people collect spoons or those fancy plates to hang on the wall but never eat with because the glaze is probably radioactive and the spoons are too small? Apparently the pattern is sold out.

I found it interesting that I could purchase the entire sweater for $349 if I weren't a fearless knitter. And had more cash than fearlessness. Is fearlessness a commodity?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home