Fingerless glove

looking for what's missing... I'm a knitting, spinning, mother of teenagers with a big dog, a small cat, minus the lovely rabbit Meliflua.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Right now I'm listening to "Peace Is Every Step" by Thich Nhat Hanh, reading "How to Change Your Mind" by Michael Pollan, knitting mittens, and thinking about casting on a hat.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

An Interesting Question

I recently took a personality-type survey. This question made me pause: in an emergency, how many people could you count on?

It is not that the question was hard to answer. A first-grader could count to the upper limit they offered as a choice. Their max stopped far short of the number of people I can count on. At first I chalked it up to coming from a large family, then realized for some people, plentiful siblings does not necessarily mean plenty of people to count on in an emergency.

Of course, there are different kinds of emergencies, but no matter what kind of emergency I imagined, I thought of several people to lean on. That fills my heart with a big THANK YOU to all my important people, not for something you did but for the fact that you would if I ever needed you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home