Fingerless glove

looking for what's missing... I'm a knitting, spinning, mother of teenagers with a big dog, a small cat, minus the lovely rabbit Meliflua.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Right now I'm listening to "Peace Is Every Step" by Thich Nhat Hanh, reading "How to Change Your Mind" by Michael Pollan, knitting mittens, and thinking about casting on a hat.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Curling: It's Like Something To Knit To

I admit it; curling is my favorite Winter Olympic sport. It has the just right amount of tension -- more in common with bowling than NASCAR. The announcer uses a calm, measured voice. The athletes have solemn grace, if not heart-stopping physiques. There is very little chance I will witness a compound fracture, blood or any other medical emergency. It is unlikely anyone will splat in that way that makes the entire crowd gasp as one.

When curling came on today, my dear son said, "It's like something to knit to." No wonder I like curling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home