Fingerless glove

looking for what's missing... I'm a knitting, spinning, mother of teenagers with a big dog, a small cat, minus the lovely rabbit Meliflua.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Right now I'm listening to "Peace Is Every Step" by Thich Nhat Hanh, reading "How to Change Your Mind" by Michael Pollan, knitting mittens, and thinking about casting on a hat.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

How can I keep from singing?*

This morning I woke up at 5:10 AM. Zero five ten. O dark thirty. No alarm blaring me awake. No dog barking me awake. No snores buzzsawing me awake. This morning I woke up to the sound of Boy singing, not at the top of his lungs, but easily heard on the floor above. He was up early to help with a blood drive and he was singing. Not sniping, "Don't talk to me." Not oversleeping. Not stomping up stairs and slamming doors in adolescent oblivion.

Singing.

I could not be grouchy about it, even when I had not intended to get up for another two hours. It reminded me of my own teen-aged years and Dad cheerfully proclaiming, "Good morning, Sunshine!" (My reply was not always equally cheerful.)

How Can I Keep From Singing is one of my favorite songs. The title says it all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home