Fingerless glove

looking for what's missing... I'm a knitting, spinning, mother of teenagers with a big dog, a small cat, minus the lovely rabbit Meliflua.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Right now I'm listening to "Peace Is Every Step" by Thich Nhat Hanh, reading "How to Change Your Mind" by Michael Pollan, knitting mittens, and thinking about casting on a hat.

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Yeah, What She Said

I thought about doing a special Valentine post, something about the depth and beauty of real love. Maybe include a little poetry.

Then I read Stephanie Pearl-McPhee's blog post "Love is all you need."

That thing about Twinkie love vs. whole wheat bread love? That says it all.

It's empowering to know I'm not the only woman who'd rather have a guy clean the bathroom than bring her flowers. Anyone can buy flowers, but that bathroom thing? That is, as Stephanie says, "Love with teeth."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gail
Hat weather here too-only -14 this am. Sorry to say my wool is also still in the garage waiting to be cleaned! Also 2 baby lambs in there that need bottles-all the rest are in the barn.Rondi

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home