Fingerless glove

looking for what's missing... I'm a knitting, spinning, mother of teenagers with a big dog, a small cat, minus the lovely rabbit Meliflua.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Right now I'm listening to "Peace Is Every Step" by Thich Nhat Hanh, reading "How to Change Your Mind" by Michael Pollan, knitting mittens, and thinking about casting on a hat.

Monday, January 29, 2007

The very last cookie

When I was in high school and dabbling in forensics, I signed up to compete in storytelling and chose to tell a Frog & Toad (Arnold Lobel, not the other one) story called, The Very Last Cookie. I didn't tell it very well, but it is still one of my favorites. When the Kids were little, I used to sneak it in between other stories they chose. The short version is, Toad has some wonderfully tasty cookies he doesn't want to eat all at once because then he won't have them anymore. He tries hiding them from himself all over the house.

I won't spoil the ending for you, but I have just eaten the very last peppermint cookie from the Christmas stash Mom sent me. These are butter cookies with crushed candy canes for flavoring. Chocolate chip, oatmeal Scotchies, sand tarts, Girl Scout Samoas or Scotch shortbread -- all very nice, but none can compare to the buttery-pink-peppermint-goodness of the very last peppermint cookie. Thanks, Mom.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's cute. our girlscout cookies have arrived. colleen has them.

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home