Fingerless glove

looking for what's missing... I'm a knitting, spinning, mother of teenagers with a big dog, a small cat, minus the lovely rabbit Meliflua.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Right now I'm listening to "Peace Is Every Step" by Thich Nhat Hanh, reading "How to Change Your Mind" by Michael Pollan, knitting mittens, and thinking about casting on a hat.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

I love my space

I love my office space. It's not fancy. It's home to two cats, two dogs, occasional doggie visitors and almost no human visitors. It's usually a mess. I save too many things so, even though I could pull up the information on a house that wasn't built three years ago, there is absolutely no need to.

And I don't always take good care of it. So for this new year I've made a resolution. Catch up on the filing (AKA shift the rubble), take out the recyclable paper, and defrost the refrigerator.

I've already done the third, thanks to a squirrel.

One simple invention -- the doggie door -- makes having office dogs a breeze. It releases me from the toddler-like interruptions of, "Mom! I have to go to the bathroom!" The downside of the doggie door is that it doesn't discriminate between creatures that belong inside, and those that are just looking for, say, a warm cozy bookshelf to curl up on.

Enter the Squirrel. He decided to settle BEHIND the books.

He was chased out fairly quickly (Did I mention I share space with two dogs & two cats?) with a liberal amount of ruckus. In that ruckus, the refrigerator's connection to electricity was severed. Two days later, as if by magic, I have a completely defrosted office fridge. Who knew squirrels were so useful?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Don't be looking for those 2 FOs I told you I'd have tonight -- life and bad crocheting got in the way! Still haven't finished the fingerless gloves (1 is done!), and the shawl for Mom got ripped out, to be restarted soon, I hope.

But my red scarf is done, and I really like it!

See you tonight!

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home