Fingerless glove

looking for what's missing... I'm a knitting, spinning, mother of teenagers with a big dog, a small cat, minus the lovely rabbit Meliflua.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Right now I'm listening to "Peace Is Every Step" by Thich Nhat Hanh, reading "How to Change Your Mind" by Michael Pollan, knitting mittens, and thinking about casting on a hat.

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Extra Credit

I am not always content with where I live. The East Coast is hard work. Sometimes I'm downright cranky about it. Today is not one of those days. Today we celebrated one of the best reasons to live here. Today we went to see this exhibit.


(And to make it even better, I'd like to remind you that the National Gallery of Art is free. I could go visit Ginevra de'Benci 363 days a year, if I wanted. It's local.)

We went on this little jaunt because one of Cass's teachers offered it as extra credit. After looking at 5 galleries of Rembrandt's etchings, we ducked upstairs to see one of his self-portraits, then did a little sculpture appreciation:


This one is called "Dancer with finger on chin." Really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home