Fingerless glove

looking for what's missing... I'm a knitting, spinning, mother of teenagers with a big dog, a small cat, minus the lovely rabbit Meliflua.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Right now I'm listening to "Peace Is Every Step" by Thich Nhat Hanh, reading "How to Change Your Mind" by Michael Pollan, knitting mittens, and thinking about casting on a hat.

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Dear Pat,

Does this look more like a High Country Knitwear cowboy hat?



It really is a fast knit. If the felting & blocking go well (I have every confidence they will in spite of the resemblance to Dumbo's ear), I will certainly do this pattern again.

Pat, the designer of this pattern left a comment two posts ago. My first celebrity comment! It feels great to know someone read my blog who isn't related to me. (Not that I don't appreciate the friends & family support. I do. You're all the greatest.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forgive me if I hope it's a little too small for you (I've often been called a "pinhead" you know). It looks fascinating and I can hardly wait to see the finished project.

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks ready to felt, and then it will be a hat.

I talked someone through it this week; she'd written to say she thought, well, like...something was wrong because it was...huge. But it turned out fine. Her husband loves it, and she's starting another one. When I'm making them, there is always a bad moment when the thing is knitted, and I think it will never be a hat. So far, however, they have.

As to my being a celebrity, well, not quite!

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home