Fingerless glove

looking for what's missing... I'm a knitting, spinning, mother of teenagers with a big dog, a small cat, minus the lovely rabbit Meliflua.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Right now I'm listening to "Peace Is Every Step" by Thich Nhat Hanh, reading "How to Change Your Mind" by Michael Pollan, knitting mittens, and thinking about casting on a hat.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

VOTE

I am so glad today is Election Day. The political advertisements were beginning to wear mighty thin. My personal favorite sound bite of the season was: (he's) been accused of "ethical sloppiness."

Ethical sloppiness? He left his ethics in the sink with the dirty dishes? He has ethical pizza boxes scattered in front of the TV? It's so wonderfully ambiguous. How could you argue against that claim? You could probably label any of us with "ethical sloppiness" at one time or another in our life. I think the comment was an observation against George Allen, but truthfully, the airwaves are such a miasma of barbed attacks, I'm not really sure.

March, drag, fly or skip out to the polls and cast your ballot. Besides doing a good thing, they'll give you a little sticker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home