Fingerless glove

looking for what's missing... I'm a knitting, spinning, mother of teenagers with a big dog, a small cat, minus the lovely rabbit Meliflua.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Right now I'm listening to "Peace Is Every Step" by Thich Nhat Hanh, reading "How to Change Your Mind" by Michael Pollan, knitting mittens, and thinking about casting on a hat.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Does it look like a hat yet?

Yesterday I shook off my ambivalence and cast on for the Blaze Orange Cowboy Hat from High Country Knitwear. (Theirs is not blaze orange. How could they have missed that?) I'm enjoying the pattern except I think I missed something about going to the larger size. Oh well. I fall back on the gaugeless knitter's motto, "It will fit someone."



Since it is orange -- and it is really MUCH oranger than it appears here -- I had to post a photo of it specially for Claire, so on Thanksgiving she can be thankful that she's not knitting it. She does not care for orange. ( HA! I can almost hear her choking with laughter at that understatement.) As for me, I find it cheerful. The red-orange is the hatband; after I finish the crown, I pick up stitches around the bottom edge and knit the brim.

I'm a little behind schedule. The season opens Monday.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I don't know. I designed that hat, and yours looks okay to me, but not as huge as they often are at this stage (illustrated at HCK's site with a newsletter that shows Dave Hake's, in its enormous before, which caused him to panic and well-fitted after versions. He's really proud of that hat!

The plus of the orange is that you are unlikely to get shot wearing it. I've done them in all kinds of colors, and all kinds of combinations, but not yet that one.

5:25 PM  
Blogger ClaireLeah said...

Yes - now I am TRULY Thankful! That really is quite orange.

BTW - I found the perfect online radio station to listen to while I am working online. Check out http://www.pandora.com - you input a group or song - and it finds other music you'll probably like.

2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think you should allow me to be your photographer so i can keep you from taking pictures in your weirdly-lit room with your hair all wet.

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that pandora website is really cool!

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home