Fingerless glove

looking for what's missing... I'm a knitting, spinning, mother of teenagers with a big dog, a small cat, minus the lovely rabbit Meliflua.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Right now I'm listening to "Peace Is Every Step" by Thich Nhat Hanh, reading "How to Change Your Mind" by Michael Pollan, knitting mittens, and thinking about casting on a hat.

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Wookie Wool

When I saw this photo of Cass taken on a recent shopping excursion (they only got kicked out of two stores...), I thought, "How would Wookie wool spin?" I think it would make good rug yarn.


The cat bed I've been working on has gone through the first pass of felting (not yet ready for its photo shoot) so I'm knitting a dishcloth (the knitting equivalent of potato chips) while I'm between knitting projects. That doesn't count the UFOs and I only have four of those. A lacy purple & green mohair scarf that I've grown to dislike, a pair of socks and an autumn-colored shawl I've posted about, and a Fair Isle hat that's pre-blog. ) I may pick up the socks, or I may knit a blaze orange cowboy hat from this pattern at High Country Knitting. What do you think?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I checked the high country knitting site. Loved the knit and felted cowboy hat. Can't you just picture it in verigated shades of red?

5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out hiddenvalleyfarmwoolenmill.com. It's a sheep farm here in WI not too far from Jean's. Looks interesting.

Gee, do ya think smf might be hinting about getting a cowboy hat for Christmas?

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*frowns*. FINE. DON'T comment on my wookie picture. i know you're all just jealous.

8:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a lovely picture of you. But then, they all are. I'm sure that's why nobody commented. ;)

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home