Fingerless glove

looking for what's missing... I'm a knitting, spinning, mother of teenagers with a big dog, a small cat, minus the lovely rabbit Meliflua.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Right now I'm listening to "Peace Is Every Step" by Thich Nhat Hanh, reading "How to Change Your Mind" by Michael Pollan, knitting mittens, and thinking about casting on a hat.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Yippeekiyay, Soaking wet


Still wet (that's why the ribbon & clothes pins), here is my orange High Country Knitwear Cowboy hat. I can hardly wait to felt my next one --in a more traditional color. I have to admit I've grown fond of this one in all it's orange glory. (Did you notice the horse painting in the background? I was going for a theme.)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kewl. Too kewl.

1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes! It looks terrific, and you did a beautiful job. It's like magic, when it actually turns into a hat, isn't it? Every time I finish one, I bind off, hold it up, and think, "It will never, ever be a hat." And a few hours later, so far, it always is.

May I use the picture on HCK?

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it. I've been visiting the High Country Knitwear site and it almost makes me want to take up knitting. Notice, I said almost... I'm afraid I don't have that much patience. I love all the clever ideas featured and especially the cowboy hat (can't you just picture that in red and black)pictured in the Dec. 9 newsletter. Thought the felted camera bag was also a great idea.

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Micha wants to know how you wash it...

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home