Fingerless glove

looking for what's missing... I'm a knitting, spinning, mother of teenagers with a big dog, a small cat, minus the lovely rabbit Meliflua.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Right now I'm listening to "Peace Is Every Step" by Thich Nhat Hanh, reading "How to Change Your Mind" by Michael Pollan, knitting mittens, and thinking about casting on a hat.

Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Gold Medal


I did it! I earned a gold medal this year in the Knitting Olympics by knitting Meg Swansen's Double-V Vest between the time the Olympic torch was lit and when it was extinguished 16 days later.
Some might notice, even from my low-light cell phone photograph, that the vest is not actually finished. It still counts. Each knitting Olympian chose his or her own challenge. From the beginning, my goal was to get the knitting done before the torch went out, NOT the finishing. I knew before I even started that it would take a few days for me to get up the nerve to slash some of my precious stitches with a scissors. (There are steeks at the armholes and at the v neck.)

For me, that's a lot of knitting, and I rarely knit to a deadline. Trust me, it still counts.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations! Now cast on for Miss Marple socks!

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home