Fingerless glove

looking for what's missing... I'm a knitting, spinning, mother of teenagers with a big dog, a small cat, minus the lovely rabbit Meliflua.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Right now I'm listening to "Peace Is Every Step" by Thich Nhat Hanh, reading "How to Change Your Mind" by Michael Pollan, knitting mittens, and thinking about casting on a hat.

Sunday, June 10, 2007

I am the champion

I am the champion Toilet-Paper-Roll-Changer of the world.

I must be; I have evidence. Without me, the entire household just wanders around as if there is no pressing reason for putting the roll on the springy little spindle, as if wedging it on top of the empty roll is entirely sufficient, as if it didn't matter. Sheesh! What could they be thinking? And don't get me started on cleaning the lint filter on the dryer.


Besides changing toilet paper rolls, I've been busy this week.


Here are the 5" of "I can do this" scarf I've been working on. It has that unblocked lace, butterfly-just-out-of-the-cocoon look, but you get the idea. Candle flames, don't you think?

I've started a turquoise Lucy Bag for "bulk" knitting. It's perfect for group meetings. At the beginning of the meeting Friday, they were giving me the questioning, raised eyebrow look as if to say, "Can you really be paying attention?" But about an hour into the meeting, while I was still contentedly listening with hardly a glance at my fingers (that's the beauty of bulk knitting; after making 100,000 or so stitches, you can rely on muscle memory) while their eyes glazed over, I was feeling a bit smug.

And I've finally fixed my sidebar friends list to link to Knitters and Crocheters Care. Now if I could just get the spacing to work on Blogger today...

5 Comments:

Blogger ClaireLeah said...

Thanks for including us! I think you're the first person to link to the Knitters and Crocheters Care blog.

BTW - the scarf looks even prettier in person!

RE: the Lucy bag - I crocheted a bag sort of like the Lucy bag - striped in purple and fuschia (my design - I should write it up) - and it sold for $50 at the TAPS silent auction (to benefit TAPS of course).

It was fun meeting you for lunch. We'll have to do that again before you finish your internship!

4:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty scarf. Definitely candle flames.

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The scarf is beautiful! It reminds me of Miss Marple - pink and fluffy.

8:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey mamma. how's my loverly new purse coming along?

are you going to have time to finish both my dresses before GA?

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

to get these comments back on track and in line with the true purpose of your post, i'd like to say that the toilet paper hangers (the device, not the occupation) at my current residence are the best i've ever seen -- open-ended so you just slip the empty roll off and the new one on, and thoughtful enough so the direction precludes you from tearing the paper off in a hurry and launching the whole thing off its spindle.

now these are the simple things in life...

oh, and also the "secret word" for posting this is "ghorgp." what a great combination of letters, although the second 'g' may be going a little too far. that's the problem with sticking with 6 letters all the time.

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home