Fingerless glove

looking for what's missing... I'm a knitting, spinning, mother of teenagers with a big dog, a small cat, minus the lovely rabbit Meliflua.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Right now I'm listening to "Peace Is Every Step" by Thich Nhat Hanh, reading "How to Change Your Mind" by Michael Pollan, knitting mittens, and thinking about casting on a hat.

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Cliche of the Day

The cliche for the day is, Misery Loves Company. From the moment I set foot on the train dragging a big suitcase during rush hour (sure to draw frowns; almost as bad as a stroller when you are packed in like sardines) it has been that kind of day. You would not believe how light-hearted I felt when a young woman dragging a bigger suitcase squeezed in next to me.

Or how relieved I was to hear one of my classmates say that during lunch break she sat in a quiet corner of the plaza praying to get through today's lab. It was a tough one, made worse by all of us underestimating the number of supplies we'd need. (By the end of the day we couldn't remember why we thought it was hard.)

As for me, when it gets a little hairy, I knit a few rows on my pink-alpaca-I-can-do-this-scarf. It's a lace pattern from a German pattern book -- they think it's tulips, I think flames -- with twisted stitches and yarnovers on both sides. I'm pretty sure it's the most complicated pattern I've done, but that's probably the I'm-only-6-rows-into-it talking.

I say to myself, "If I can do this, I can do anything."

1 Comments:

Blogger ClaireLeah said...

I think you've raised two great kids - and if you can do that - you can do anything!
Congrats to Cassie for getting her license!
Hope things get easier for you.
ENJOY!

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home