Fingerless glove

looking for what's missing... I'm a knitting, spinning, mother of teenagers with a big dog, a small cat, minus the lovely rabbit Meliflua.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Right now I'm listening to "Peace Is Every Step" by Thich Nhat Hanh, reading "How to Change Your Mind" by Michael Pollan, knitting mittens, and thinking about casting on a hat.

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Less invisible

Last Monday at Prince William Purlers I cast on a new multidirectional scarf with some lovely yarn Claire gave me to cheer me up. (We will not mention the invisible scarf. It's around somewhere. I think. Who can tell? It is invisible.)

Claire had crocheted kewl fingerless gloves in a shell pattern with the same dyelot. Crochet really takes advantage of the long color changes. Even though I was sorely tempted to knit some fingerless gloves (Knitty has a dashing pattern in the Spring issue I think is just perfect) all I could see was this scarf:


This is just what I had imagined and I love it. No more invisibility, which was exactly why I needed cheering up.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! How nice of Claire!

11:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good picture.

8:05 PM  
Blogger ClaireLeah said...

YAY!! It looks great!

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home