Fingerless glove

looking for what's missing... I'm a knitting, spinning, mother of teenagers with a big dog, a small cat, minus the lovely rabbit Meliflua.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Right now I'm listening to "Peace Is Every Step" by Thich Nhat Hanh, reading "How to Change Your Mind" by Michael Pollan, knitting mittens, and thinking about casting on a hat.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Who are they calling small?


Yesterday I was bewareing the Ides of March, but I'm back.

I've been thinking about decision making, probably because I'm not always good at it. That may be an outcome of procrastination rather than bad decision making skills, but imagine, if you will, that each decision is like the roll of a die. I don't know about you, but if I roll a 6 three times in a row, part of my brain insists that the chances of my next roll being a 6 are smaller than my first roll. Even though I know the next roll is an independent event and my chances are one in six every single time.

So if I start thinking of each decision as an independent event and not stringing them together in an overwhelming chain attaching baggage that isn't really there, do you think I'll get better at it?

It makes my head hurt to think about it.

The decision I'm working on right now is when to take my next trip to Wisconsin. I'm leaning toward sometime this Spring (sheep shearing season), but this summer is the 30th anniversary of the Bicentennial Summer. (Remember wishing something exciting would happen? Should we try that again?) It would be a shame not to commemorate it.

PS I could have just as easily called my last post "Aerosmith" couldn't I?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's been a while since you've been to WI, so i think you should go for both.

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joanie just showed me what I wasn't doing. I forgot to type in the word verification. I thought it was optional. Guess not.

2:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Joanie - you should go for both. Your visit could be quite educational. You could sign up for spring classes in Waupaca at
Lambs' Quarters Farms and Shops
http://www.lambs-quarters.com/all_classes.htm

or at Sievers in Door County:

http://www.sieversschool.com/pages/3classes_K.html

5:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or just move here..yes pack up the kids and the animals..enroll them at Lourdes and then there would be someone here that understands me... get your butt to Wi girl!

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home