Fingerless glove

looking for what's missing... I'm a knitting, spinning, mother of teenagers with a big dog, a small cat, minus the lovely rabbit Meliflua.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Right now I'm listening to "Peace Is Every Step" by Thich Nhat Hanh, reading "How to Change Your Mind" by Michael Pollan, knitting mittens, and thinking about casting on a hat.

Monday, March 13, 2006

Crashing down

No, my world isn't crashing down; my electric and phone pole did Friday morning. That afternoon I came home from work to find two huge Dominion Virginia Power trucks (plus a trailer with a telephone pole on it) in my driveway. They had big trucks scattered around neighbors' driveways, too. Apparently a too-tall truck going up the road snagged the electric line that feeds off the primary line on the other side of the street. We've had our phone wire get snagged at least twice. No big deal. It's a little copper thing that snaps and in the past Verizon has trotted right out to replace it. Not so with our electric line. Much bigger deal. It's a honkin' cable as big around as my finger. It may have snapped, but not before also snapping our pole across the driveway and flattening our neighbor's fence. Then the school bus wouldn't let Vince off because they saw a construction zone at his usual stop. The upshot of this long description is that we got Vince and power back Friday night but are still sans telephone (& internet access). Sigh. I have photos to share when I get my DSL back.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow -- glad to know no lives were lost, and no yarn, either!

12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so what's the rest of the story? where did vincie wind up before he made it home? no wonder you didn't answer the phone when mom tried to call you on saturday. hope everything's getting back to normal.

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home