Fingerless glove

looking for what's missing... I'm a knitting, spinning, mother of teenagers with a big dog, a small cat, minus the lovely rabbit Meliflua.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Right now I'm listening to "Peace Is Every Step" by Thich Nhat Hanh, reading "How to Change Your Mind" by Michael Pollan, knitting mittens, and thinking about casting on a hat.

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Dampfnudeln


It is a rare treat when my knitting (or sewing or cooking or life in general ... ) comes together just the way I envisioned.
Angel Pearls Beaded Scarf is that rare treat. It is almost enough to make me use a real camera. I promise, when I'm finished I will. This scarf deserves it. Meanwhile, this is what my phone sees:


Which is why I am dreaming of dampfnudeln. Dampfnudeln are tasty, steamed bun-like dumplings. In 1982, I bought one from a street vendor in Kaiserslautern, Germany. It was angel-light, barely sweet, moist, pale, yeast perfection. Like anything magical, when I went looking I could never find the kiosk again. Knitting this scarf is like that: something I expect to remember fondly 25 years later.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The scarf looks as though its going to be beautiful. I can hardly wait to see the finished project.

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty. I missed seeing it in person, other than flashing by. Maybe next month.

4:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knit a scarf once. It looked like crap.

5:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went on line to check out recipes for dampfnudeln and after perusing the first 10 out of 145,000 on line recipes posted I decided it was a bit too labor intensive. I'll have to look for a German bakery somewhere.

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So dainty.Glad you're back as I had almost given up hope. Rondi

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home