Fingerless glove

looking for what's missing... I'm a knitting, spinning, mother of teenagers with a big dog, a small cat, minus the lovely rabbit Meliflua.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Right now I'm listening to "Peace Is Every Step" by Thich Nhat Hanh, reading "How to Change Your Mind" by Michael Pollan, knitting mittens, and thinking about casting on a hat.

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Eclipse

In spite of weather late in the afternoon that looked like last Wednesday:




I got to see the moon slip into the earth’s shadow last night. She had quite a party, winking at me, glowing red, brightening the stars around her. And there she was this morning, slinking low in the trees like a teen-ager who had gotten drunk the night before, pretending for all the world that nothing had happened.

See you at the next eclipse.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That would be 2010, right?

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wasn't that awesome! We took a few pictures of the moon, and I was out with the binoculars looking at all the stars I usually can't see. I saw the nebulae in Orion's sword last night! First time I've been able to do that at my house.

But boy, was it cold! BRRRRR!

12:00 PM  
Blogger Marianne S said...

We watched it through the window...! lol Heard that the rings of saturn were visible through a telescope, but ours is packed and in storage... Someday.

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home