Fingerless glove

looking for what's missing... I'm a knitting, spinning, mother of teenagers with a big dog, a small cat, minus the lovely rabbit Meliflua.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Right now I'm listening to "Peace Is Every Step" by Thich Nhat Hanh, reading "How to Change Your Mind" by Michael Pollan, knitting mittens, and thinking about casting on a hat.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Home again, Home again

I am home from my summer internship. When I said, "I need a vacation," my family laughed. SOME people think if you enjoy what you do it doesn't count as work, but all that thinking was exhausting. I was even dreaming about nanoparticles.

Now I have to face the mountain of housework that has not been attempted in 10 weeks. Everyone covered the routine things well: food, clean clothes and feeding the animals. The little things need the attention. You could eat off the floors (and I don't mean that in a good way), the well-fed dog smells like a fish, and there are killer dust bunnies under the coffee table attacking the licorice Scottie dogs.

While I tackle that, here is a nerd fighter poem from my darling daughter: (We are not sure if nerd fighters fight nerds or are nerds who fight other people, but we think it is the latter.)

I'm a spelling nerd, I confess that I hate
When the "h" is missed in "exhilarate".

Or when the wrong "their" is used; this is a crime!
All perpetrators should be receiving a fine.

The word "until" has only ONE "L"!
I'm telling the world, learn how to spell!

I before E! Simple and true,
Easy enough, even for you.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope your daughter knows that she is soooo cool! A smart kid with just the right amount of sass! (At least from my perspective!)

Liking what you do does make it easier, but it's still hard work, and you still need a break from it. They're just jealous!

2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home