Fingerless glove

looking for what's missing... I'm a knitting, spinning, mother of teenagers with a big dog, a small cat, minus the lovely rabbit Meliflua.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Right now I'm listening to "Peace Is Every Step" by Thich Nhat Hanh, reading "How to Change Your Mind" by Michael Pollan, knitting mittens, and thinking about casting on a hat.

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy Independence Day

In all the years I have lived in the Washington DC area I have never gone to the National Mall to see the spectacular 4th of July fireworks, but this year I came close.

Here is the view from my dorm window, complete with the reflection of the TV screen. I was playing the PBS broadcast of the concert on the Capitol lawn as theme music for the fireworks, just as if I had been braving the crowds, soggy grass, steaming humidity, bugs and smoke.



I felt a little guilty that I did not actually go down to the Mall -- until I saw the crowds and traffic streaming away when the fireworks were over. I have to admit, I was feeling a little smug as I sipped my milkshake and watched them struggle, but wouldn't it have been mean of me not to appreciate my good fortune?
I hope you had as much fun as I did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home