Fingerless glove

looking for what's missing... I'm a knitting, spinning, mother of teenagers with a big dog, a small cat, minus the lovely rabbit Meliflua.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Right now I'm listening to "Peace Is Every Step" by Thich Nhat Hanh, reading "How to Change Your Mind" by Michael Pollan, knitting mittens, and thinking about casting on a hat.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Does this look red to you?

The lovely red alpaca/silk Christmas yarn from a few posts ago sits coiled obediently on my nightstand, still waiting. I am knitting a scarf. Does this look red to you?

No? Well, it all started with Flylady and her February habit of decluttering for 15 minutes a day. I found this hand-dyed rayon scarf kit buried under who-knows-what, probably a ten-year-old map of Oklahoma. (If I keep this up, maybe I'll find Jimmy Hoffa.) I cast on this because I needed something I did not have to think about too hard. I have never knit rayon before and have to admit, this was a pleasure. But now that I am almost done with this scarf, what will I not think about next?
P.S. Don't say anything about Roosevelt's missing nose. He survived a terrifying dog attack in 1986; he is still sensitive about the scars.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is Roosevelt any relation to Johnson?

8:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Johnson's dog attack scars are much worse! Not only is he missing his nose, but his eyes and ears are pretty much gone, too. :-(

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home