Fingerless glove

looking for what's missing... I'm a knitting, spinning, mother of teenagers with a big dog, a small cat, minus the lovely rabbit Meliflua.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Right now I'm listening to "Peace Is Every Step" by Thich Nhat Hanh, reading "How to Change Your Mind" by Michael Pollan, knitting mittens, and thinking about casting on a hat.

Monday, February 18, 2008

Wrong takes a long time

I have been listening to, and thoroughly enjoying, Wicked by Gregory Maguire on CD. The following exchange between Boq and Elphaba really gives me something to think about:
"His voice was as cold as he could make it, and that was colder than he'd ever heard it himself. 'I was wrong to have trusted in your compassion.'

'Wait and see,' said Elphaba. 'Wrong takes an awful long time to be proven, in my experience.'"

I like her attitude. Maybe that seemingly horrendous decision will turn out to be the just right one, given enough time. I get the same hopeful feeling from a quote attributed to Zhou Enlai, first premier of the People's Republic of China. When asked (in the 1950's) about the impact of the French Revolution (of 1789), he said, "Too soon to tell."

No sense rushing to judgment.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm loving see you here more often! Yaaaay!

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home