Fingerless glove

looking for what's missing... I'm a knitting, spinning, mother of teenagers with a big dog, a small cat, minus the lovely rabbit Meliflua.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Right now I'm listening to "Peace Is Every Step" by Thich Nhat Hanh, reading "How to Change Your Mind" by Michael Pollan, knitting mittens, and thinking about casting on a hat.

Friday, February 29, 2008

What now?

I am suffering from a double-dose of "Now what do I do?" I finished knitting the blue Wool in the Woods rayon scarf at the same time I finished reading The Used World by Haven Kimmel. I still have not submerged in a new book; I have been skipping along the surface of Thunderstruck and Fatal Flaws and who even remembers what else.
Athough I cannot seem to settle on a new book, I have found my next knit: Angel Pearls Beaded Scarf by Sivia Harding. Of all the things you can do online, my favorite is to order knitting patterns to download. I just punch in my paypal numbers and get a sweet little piece of intellectual property zooming into my computer. Maybe I'm delighted by how clear it is that I am paying a woman for her idea, not her paper and ink and the middleman. An idea is valuable and powerful but has that whiff of the intangible. For some people, that intangibility makes it hard to credit an idea its due.
This time the pattern did not automatically zoom to my computer without glitch, but Sivia took care of it in a flash. Already I love the customer service and, after only 15 rows, the pattern is intuitive. (Charts and written instructions Whooohoo!)




However, you may have noticed the knitting is not on the needles? It's probably better not to cast on for a new lace pattern at midnight.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What??? No picture of the scarf, or are you going to wait and post a picture of yours after it is finished?

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home