Fingerless glove

looking for what's missing... I'm a knitting, spinning, mother of teenagers with a big dog, a small cat, minus the lovely rabbit Meliflua.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Right now I'm listening to "Peace Is Every Step" by Thich Nhat Hanh, reading "How to Change Your Mind" by Michael Pollan, knitting mittens, and thinking about casting on a hat.

Monday, March 03, 2008

Read

Today is the 11th annual Read Across America Day, a day more or less linked to Dr. Seuss’s birthday.

Coincidentally, the very first book I remember reading all by myself -- and the memory is vivid -- was Dr. Seuss's One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish. It had been a Christmas present. I clearly remember sitting on the basement steps (in a family of 8, one had to find peace and quiet where one could) just about bath time, laughing over the plot twists, reveling in my own cleverness, reading the whole thing. All by myself.

Celebrate! Pick up something and read. I think I’ll go for The Friday Night Knitting Club. Maybe I will dig out One Fish, Two Fish as well. How about you?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, and how old were you? I learned to read from that book, too, and I was four. Good memories of my older sister!

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home