Fingerless glove

looking for what's missing... I'm a knitting, spinning, mother of teenagers with a big dog, a small cat, minus the lovely rabbit Meliflua.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Right now I'm listening to "Peace Is Every Step" by Thich Nhat Hanh, reading "How to Change Your Mind" by Michael Pollan, knitting mittens, and thinking about casting on a hat.

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Bye, bye Mr. Vonnegut

I was trying to explain to Vince why I liked Kurt Vonnegut, even read a few quotes from one of the first of the many tributes I expect to see over the next few days. I don't think he was convinced. Why is it always funnier when someone else says it? You can go here, or maybe read one of his books, but you'll never be able to go hear him lecture again. Sigh.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i only really know vonnegut because i remember you liking him when i was younger so long ago i read slaughterhouse five. so don't worry, someone gets it...

5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that quote about her gait becoming stiff and chicken-like and finding nothing in her mind but used kleenex and costume jewelery was kurt vonnegut.

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home