Fingerless glove

looking for what's missing... I'm a knitting, spinning, mother of teenagers with a big dog, a small cat, minus the lovely rabbit Meliflua.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Right now I'm listening to "Peace Is Every Step" by Thich Nhat Hanh, reading "How to Change Your Mind" by Michael Pollan, knitting mittens, and thinking about casting on a hat.

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Dear Joan(ie),

After all those years of asking you which side my appendix is on, it finally sunk in. I aced this week's anatomy quiz.
Love,
Gail

There are some things my brain has just refused to remember. I'm pretty quick to grasp concepts, I'm fair at memorizing, and I can be quite the stickler for detail work, but occasionally something crosses my path that I simply can't remember. Up until this week, one of those things was which side my appendix is on. Fortunately, I knew where to get the information. For as far back as my memory reaches, I just asked Joanie.

It was the live version of the old joke, "My sister & I know everything; everything in the world. Just ask me anything."

"Oh ... my sister knows that."

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! Of course, you could have always just had it out and then any time you needed to know where it was, just look for the scar.

8:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

blogspot is lame. you should get myspace.

12:04 PM  
Blogger Gail said...

I appreciate the vote of confidence. (that Cass thinks it's blogspot not the blogger.)

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home