Fingerless glove

looking for what's missing... I'm a knitting, spinning, mother of teenagers with a big dog, a small cat, minus the lovely rabbit Meliflua.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Right now I'm listening to "Peace Is Every Step" by Thich Nhat Hanh, reading "How to Change Your Mind" by Michael Pollan, knitting mittens, and thinking about casting on a hat.

Sunday, August 13, 2006

This is my chair

This is my desk chair. I like my chair. It has a wonderfully stable base, a completely neutral color and notice the lack of arms? I detest arms on swivel chairs. I'm always banging them into things and wishing I could scoot closer to the desk. My chair has no arms.



But it does have my newest office companion, named -- quelle surprise! -- Shadow. I would call him Sailor because he's light in the rigging (and on the keyboard and on the phone and in the in-box), he drinks like a fish (out of my mug if I'm not paying attention), picks fights with the dog AJ, and is a perfect little charmer. He prefers sleeping on the black chair, maybe for the camouflage and finds my screensaver endlessly entertaining. When he's not sleeping or fighting, he sits on my lap and purrs. He's the latest office accessory. I predict everyone will want one this Christmas.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

he's so cute!!!! can i come to work with you tomorrow??

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think you should call him sailor.

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home