Fingerless glove

looking for what's missing... I'm a knitting, spinning, mother of teenagers with a big dog, a small cat, minus the lovely rabbit Meliflua.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Right now I'm listening to "Peace Is Every Step" by Thich Nhat Hanh, reading "How to Change Your Mind" by Michael Pollan, knitting mittens, and thinking about casting on a hat.

Monday, August 21, 2006

I'm not 40 something

I'm 39.95 plus shipping and handling.

Maybe I'm pondering age a bit today because (drumroll, please ... or is it ominous thunder in the distance?) tomorrow is my first day of school. I'm starting with one class to get my feet wet -- the science prerequisite for the nursing program. It's one I don't think I could pawn off with any credits I've accumulated or with experience. I'm not nervous about the academics; I think my brain is still fairly fit and flexible.

I am nervous about the rest of the family adjusting. I'll keep you posted.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's fantastic. Hooray for you! You made my day.

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What fun!!! Where are you going? I would think your family will be able to spare you a bit of time, and I'm sure they're as pleased and proud as the rest of us.

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home