Fingerless glove

looking for what's missing... I'm a knitting, spinning, mother of teenagers with a big dog, a small cat, minus the lovely rabbit Meliflua.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Right now I'm listening to "Peace Is Every Step" by Thich Nhat Hanh, reading "How to Change Your Mind" by Michael Pollan, knitting mittens, and thinking about casting on a hat.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

No sense crying over

burnt cookies. I put the last pan of cookies in the oven, set two timers (so someone would be sure to hear one), asked someone to take them out when the timer went off, and left for 'Star. When I got home several hours later, the unmistakable odor of burnt oatmeal cookies assailed my nose amid claims that the timer never went off. "It still had 45 minutes to go when we took the cookies out of the oven because of the smoke." They failed to notice it was no longer counting down; it was counting up. After my timer goes off, beeping irritatingly for a full minute, it starts counting up so you know just how badly you screwed up. In this case, with the 12 minutes it was set for plus the 45 minutes it had counted up I am able to tell you quite accurately that those cookies were in the oven 57 minutes. And my only complaint is no one turned on the ventilation fan. Sigh. I'll be burning candles for a week. I dreamed about burnt cookies. They fed them to the dog.

But not this dog.



This is the same AJ (Andrew George) that appeared on my March 9 post. All I can say is, "Don't worry AJ. It will grow."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have always heard that charcoal is good for the system and you can even buy charcoal treats (remember the old "Lolipups"?)for dogs so Eiger should really smell sweet for a long time.

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we've seen pictures of everyone else's dogs -- when do we get to see yours? and the cat and the rabbit . . .

charcoal is also good for dogs (& people) who have injested toxins. so if he ever gets into the rat poison, just let your kids/spouse bake him some cookies!

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home