Fingerless glove

looking for what's missing... I'm a knitting, spinning, mother of teenagers with a big dog, a small cat, minus the lovely rabbit Meliflua.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Right now I'm listening to "Peace Is Every Step" by Thich Nhat Hanh, reading "How to Change Your Mind" by Michael Pollan, knitting mittens, and thinking about casting on a hat.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

See? Booties



While I ponder next month's charity project I have another pair, this time in the most delicate shade of pink, on my needles. Next month's project is taking some thinking because it's the Caps for Kids contest within our guild and the categories are: 1) Colorful, 2) Textured or Embellished, and (drumroll please) 3) MACHO! I'm excited about the macho category because I think boys get the short end of the stick when it comes to loving handknits. It seems like there is a much bigger scope for expression amid the frilly and the frou frou. I'm determined to prove myself wrong and come up with something so cool I can't stand it. Maybe I can get inspiration from snow boarders.

Any ideas?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home