Fingerless glove

looking for what's missing... I'm a knitting, spinning, mother of teenagers with a big dog, a small cat, minus the lovely rabbit Meliflua.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Right now I'm listening to "Peace Is Every Step" by Thich Nhat Hanh, reading "How to Change Your Mind" by Michael Pollan, knitting mittens, and thinking about casting on a hat.

Saturday, April 22, 2006

I am a Nerd Goddess

Perhaps it's because I'm taking the Nerd test on a Saturday night (wouldn't you get bonus points for that?) but I just scored 96%.

I was unwinding after a busy week (I can barely type for the hot glue blisters on my fingers from making deely bobbers for a Rainbow skit out of foamie, half-priced plastic Easter eggs and pipe cleaners; sorry I didn't make it to Uniquities again for charity knitting but I did work on my booties), cruising around my favorite blogs when I read about Lene stumbling on this nerd test. Go ahead. Go take it. I'll wait.

Back already? How'd you do?

The thing is, I thought I'd score "mildly nerdy." I think I'm wonderfully well rounded; I knit for heaven's sake! (Although maybe, after the current trend fizzles and I still knit, that will just add fuel to the argument. Remember the knit collars on the uniforms in the second Star Trek movie?) So what if I can tell the difference between Max Planck & Albert Einstein? So I keep a Periodic Table handy? You never know when you might need one. So I think being a researcher would be cool? Doesn't everyone like to have their questions answered? (Maybe the answer to that would surprise me. Someone once said to me, "You like to see other people do well, don't you?" I said, "Of course. Doesn't everyone?" He said, "No.")

The point is, all this makes me wonder (as did Lene) how my friends and family would score. I know one thing is true. Picard was the best captain.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to disappoint you, but I only scored 62% (low-level nerd). I can tell the difference between Max Planck and Albert Einstein, too. But there were no pictures of either of them in the test I took.

I suspect we answered many of the questions the same way. If I had to take a guess it would be that your ultra-high level of nerdiness is aided by the number and level of technological devices to which you have access.

9:26 AM  
Blogger Karlie said...

Lol - so far you're the only person who scored higher than me on that test (who commented on Lene's site). I got 92%, mostly for my science as opposed to computer knowledge.

And Picard was SO the best captain! Rock on Jean-Luc! Although, I think Data is my favourite Star Trek character. He reminds me so much of Teal'c from SG-1. "Do not people who inhale water usually die, O'Neill?"

11:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, baby surprise is my favorite baby pattern! Every one is different, and that keeps it fun.

I'm only a nerd wannabe, which surprised me, but I guess I've aged out of it. I definitely answered questions differently than I would have in high school or college.

I used to love Kirk the best, but again, I think I aged past that -- I do like Picard a lot!

Missed you Saturday -- will see you next Monday.

3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haaa you guys are nerrrrrds. guess what my score is?? SEVEN!

"you are definitely not nerdy and probably cool"

ohhh yeahh.

6:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My nerd score was 8. 92% scored more nerdy, less than 8% scored less nerdy. What does it mean?? Probably that I'm over the hill and don't have to impress anyone.

6:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe cassie scored lower than smf!?!? I expected smf's score to be low, but I suspect the fact that cassie scored so low may mean she needs to study a little harder! ;-)

8:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

15

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home