Fingerless glove

looking for what's missing... I'm a knitting, spinning, mother of teenagers with a big dog, a small cat, minus the lovely rabbit Meliflua.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Right now I'm listening to "Peace Is Every Step" by Thich Nhat Hanh, reading "How to Change Your Mind" by Michael Pollan, knitting mittens, and thinking about casting on a hat.

Saturday, June 24, 2006

The Shawl is on the block

I wish I had something pithy to post but I'm just too tired. The Dress is done and I even have a photo to prove it. Unfortunately, the photo is in the camera and the computer here has a 5 1/4" floppy instead of a slot for my camera card. (I exaggerate. How quickly I've gotten spoiled.) I am happy to have computer access at all; I'm posting from the hotel's business center.

But back to the dress. While Vince is on a scout canoe trip in the rain, Cass & I are at Virginia's Grand Assembly. I've never before seen how my seamstress skills compare with a group. Here are 30 or so girls (of various shapes) in the same dress pattern in the same fabric. Cassie looks fabulous. It was worth staying up until 3 am to finish all the *&^%$?!!! hand work.

And my Pink Alpaca Breast Cancer Shawl is on the auction block. It's early yet, but the bidding is up to $50.27. I'll let you know Monday how it turned out.

PS I didn't know it at the time, but I had a brief conversation this afternoon with a pro football player (#20 from the 49ers). Anyone know him?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home