Fingerless glove

looking for what's missing... I'm a knitting, spinning, mother of teenagers with a big dog, a small cat, minus the lovely rabbit Meliflua.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Right now I'm listening to "Peace Is Every Step" by Thich Nhat Hanh, reading "How to Change Your Mind" by Michael Pollan, knitting mittens, and thinking about casting on a hat.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

stuff… including automatic grammar, music i like, and summer

(Disclaimer: This is Cass's guest blog. I had hoped that blogging (Cassie has a MySpace & a Xanga) would be a benefit to teenage writing skills. Sigh.)


Grand assembly is this weekend! Man, I wish microsoft word would stop capitalizing my sentences. It takes away from the laid-backness. ha-HA! the office assistant has betrayed his creators and told me the secret of how to stop the involuntary grammarization! I have excellent grammar, but I choose not to use it unless someone who cares is likely to read whatever i’m writing. I do, however, have excellent spelling all the time. I even spell the words I make up correctly.

I like hoobastank’s new song, If I Were You. mom ought to put music on her blog. snot hard. yeah, that’s what i said. snot. as in “is not.”

i am addicted to myspace. don’t worry, I’m not one of those stupid girls who friends a 50 year old man and gets kidnapped. I don’t friend anyone I don’t know. that would be stupid.
I have a banana layout. its pretty cool.
this is darn cool. los parientes y el hermano have gone to a boy scout function, so I can play my muzak real loud and sing along equally loudly.

I’m listening to the click five. I like them, ok!?

other good songs:
move along, by all american rejects
the remedy, by jason mraz
you and me, by lifehouse
bom bom bom by the living things
the puppy song by harry nilsson

yay! its summer!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't like capitalizing. nothing to do with laid-backness, just don't feel it necessary to type a letter using more than one finger if it doesn't really add anything. one of my supervisors asked me why once and told me i scored "cool points" when i told him i was a fan of e.e.cummings.

8:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are obviously a talented writer as well as artist. I enjoyed your "guest" blog on Mom's site. There is big money in books for teens and if you did the illustrations too you could keep all the royalties yourself. Sorry never heard of the musicians you mentioned. Dating myself, huh?

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA, mom! "would be a benefit to teenage writing skills. Sigh."

"You are obviously a talented writer as well as artist."

note: i didn't draw that calvin and hobbes. bill watterson draws calvin and hobbes.

10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm quite sure smf knows you didn't draw the calvin & hobbes. Your mom showed us the drawing you did that was used on the rainbow stuff, so I suspect smf was referring to that.

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home